Solar Photovoltaic (PV) Energy
Harnessing the sun's energy to meet our power needs is an age old practice. AES uses solar technologies to power critical loads (e.g., fridge, water pump) or entire estates in remote locations. Our experienced team provides the technology to make your ideas a reality.
Why Solar Energy?
- Improves electrical efficiency
- Provides reliable back-up power
- Allows for seamless transition — computers remain powered
- Enables power independence in remote locations
- Requires minimal maintenance
- Increases property value
- Reduces carbon footprint
- Diversifies the energy supply
How It Works
Most simply, solar photovoltaic (PV) cells convert sunlight into electricity. Composed of a semiconducting material, usually silicon, individual PV cells are connected to form modules and modules connect to form photovoltaic arrays.
Solar power is utilized to directly power loads such as pumps or to charge batteries, and an inverter system provides utility-grade power to your home.
Using quality solar photovoltaic technologies from well-established manufacturers, AES handles projects ranging from small residential applications such as solar pumping and backup systems to larger integrated commercial power solutions.
- Load requirements (what do you want to power)
- Solar array location — roof space available, etc
- Selected loads for backup power
- Storage capacity
- Battery and inverter location
- Additional conduit runs to accommodate power cables